Thursday, April 12, 2012

Creating Faux Tiles

 Last fall my mom wanted to do a small kitchen update. Along with painting the cabinets white, changing the cabinet hardware, getting new accessories, we also created faux tiles as a back-splash to bring interest to the kitchen. To create the faux tiles; I found a 1/8th inch thick painters tape. We created grout lines using the tape and painted over the area with the same color as the walls. We also used a little white paint to add texture to the tiles.  When we released the tape a faux tile appeared.  It turned out great!

To my surprise, I was looking at the latest addition of This Old House magazine and I saw a project for faux tiles. In 5 steps they showed you how to inexpensively update your walls creating faux tiles. I felt so proud, to have been ahead of game in this design idea. 


This is an awesome project!!! You should try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment